Tuesday 19 March 2013

March....the challenge so far

Hi all!

I haven't really been updating here too much, life with bubba has been a bit hectic!

We have been managing on the budget. Although I have to admit some of my stockpiling tendencies have been sneaking in when I'm in the supermarket.

So this week I have set myself the budget of £20 instead of £30 as I have so much food in at the moment. I have spent just over £15 today mainly on fruit and veg. This week my mum is coming to stay for a week so will a stretch to feed us all on out budget. As well as this we are having bubba baptised this weekend. We have around 70 people coming! As well as raiding the cupboards for things to create I have almost £50 in nectar points and through hubby's work I have around £30 of vouchers that can be used in Iceland. That is the budget for the food/drinks after. I'm also trying to make it as slimming world friendly as possible so will be making the famous curry loaf (I have enough in my pantry for at least two) and SW quiches.

So today's meal plan...

Wednesday
2x portions of shreddies 14p
Lunch for hubby is LO chicken stew which I worked out to be 67p
I'll have chicken, sweetcorn and noodle soup. I made this from left over roast chicken and cost £1.62 to make so 27 pence a portion!
Dinner will be spag bol. This will cost around £5.55 to make (without the pasta and for three adults, a small portion for hubby's lunch tomorrow and another 4 portions to freeze), however this will create 8 portions so 69p each with an added 30p for pasta (mum will have arrived so this is for three people) so £2.37.
I'll also do a slimming world style pudding, a chocolate mouse which will will be £1.07 which should be enough for three generous (36p each)
I'll add another 60p for fruit that we'll much through out the day.
We're drinking squash that we've got in, as well as an estimated 12 teabags (mum and I drink a lot of tea!) so 18p

So today's food/drink is £4.70

You may be wondering where the milk for tea or the cereal comes from. I buy a two four pints milks for the week, although I limit milk because of my diet. I count these as a weekly rather than a daily cost.

I'm hoping to do some cooking for the baptism later on my tight budget so I might be back later with some pictures!


No comments:

Post a Comment