Thursday 25 April 2013

My meals this week, how much is it costing?

I've been asked by a few friends for some costings of meals we've had this week so here we go.

So sausage mash and veg for myself, hubby and bubba.
6 quorn sausages (I'm not veggie, but these were 'whoopsied') £1.08
Potatoes (these were a bit pricier than i normally get) 51p
Broccoli 30p
Red cabbage 18p
Carrots 15p

Total £2.13


Omelette and salad.
Needed a quick meal before going to fat club. Bubba devoured his!

Ok so two eggs for me, one for bubba, three for hubby as he's a hungry boy!

6x eggs 99p (bought on offer)
Ham 30p
Tomatoes 20p
Onion 20p
Cheese grated 20p. £1.89

Salad of lettuce, toms, cue and radishes £1.00

So £2.89 in total


Curry loaf
This is a Slimming World recipe, is 'free' on the extra easy plan and very simple.
Tin of Asda chickpea Dahl 77p
Packet of Bachelors curry rice (bought on offer) 60p
2 eggs roughly 35p

Total £1.72

Cook the rice according to the packet's instructions, let it cool a bit. Mix in the chickpeas and eggs and put in a loaf tin. Cook at 200 for about half an hour. Is enough for three generous portions.
I normally serve just veg or salad as its quite filling.


I've got to confess now that the bubba is eating 'proper' food the food bill is going up a bit. It's not just a bit of mashed carrot anymore but proper little versions of what we eat. I managed to get many packets of baby cereal very cheaply and not the expensive prices for a tiny amount. However now I've tried the bubba on own brand 'weetabix' which works out as 7p each. Also using whole milk instead of formula which works out cheaper too.

For Friday we're having salmon. I managed to get a side of whoopsied salmon for £5 and got 6 portions from it so 84p each :) bubba will have a bit from ours so £1.68 adding the flavoured cous cous (9p a packet from approved foods) and some veg it will be a lovely meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment