Sunday 12 May 2013

Saturday night dinner - ingredients and costings

Yesterday's dinner was a minced beef bolognese with pasta

I have costed it out at 33p per adult portion. I have divided some into bubba sized portions, I have counted two of these as an adult sized portion as they are half.

So ingredients....
Extra lean minced beef 500g £2.00 (reduced, but found in my freezer)
A large onion 15p
Garlic, half a large bulb 15p
'squirt' of tomato purée 7p
Carrots (around 100g) 1p (from the 1kg bag reduced to 10p)
2 courgettes 10p (again from a reduced bag)
2 x stock cubes 11p
2 tins chopped tomatoes 62p (31x2)
1 carton passata 29p
150g green lentils 10p (got 1.5kg for 99p from approved foods)

So, if I've totalled correctly then it comes to £3.60.

I got 6 portions for the bubba (equivalent to 3 adult portions) and 8 adult portions. Say 11 portions so it makes it 33p a portion.

To go with it we each had 100g of pasta at 10p each. Bubba would have had around 25-30g pasta cooked for him. However he has been given some tiny baby sized pasta shells from the Italian deli by his Nonna so technically they are free. They cost 95p for a 500g bag, I would only pay that begrudgingly and bubba would happily eat the same pasta as us chopped up ;)

I also sprinkle a little cheese on top. I weighed out the 20g (for slimming world measurements) and that was 14p each!

Works out that the whole meal for the three of us cost £1.45

No comments:

Post a Comment