Sunday 12 May 2013

Vegetables galore!

I hit the jackpot mid week, well not in gold coins, but in vegetables! Admittedly it was an impromptu trip to accompany my friend to Sainsbugs so not a planned spend.

I got 25 items for £4.60! Worked out a saving of £28.13

I have given a few bits to family who have visited and used lots in cooking. Mostly I have part steamed and frozen them in portions.

I have carrots coming out of the ears. I even bought some of their 'posh' carrots as they were only 15p! I also got 1kg of their basic carrots reduced to 10p so I got two! There were so many packets of so many things there that I didn't feel guilt. I still have the best part of the 2kg bags left to prepare and freeze!

I used some of the posh carrots in cooking, but I've managed 10 portions of them in my freezer (3p each). I got two packets of leeks £2 reduced to 20p each. As FIL is Welsh I gave him a packet, but I got got 4 portions out of the remaining packet making them 5p a portion! Some lovely green beans were £1 reduced to15p, I got four generous portions out of those so 14p (7p per person). Have to admit I did eat a few whist chopping ;-)

Hopefully will have a fair bit to see us through the bleak months ahead until I return to work :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment